The mean reason why almost everyone likes ice cream is because it can come in many delicious flavors. Caramel, caramel almond, cherry and cherry berry ice cream recipes being 4 popular and delicious recipes.
Below are the recipes for you to prepare and see what i mean:
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/6 t. salt
- 8 t. water
- 2/3 cup + 4 t. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salt and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan large enough to eventually hold the milk and cream. - Dissolve the sugar in the water over low heat.
- This may take a while.
- An alternative is to use the microwave, and then transfer the sugar solution to a saucepan.
- Increase to high heat and cook the syrup until it is golden amber colored.
- While the sugar is caramelizing, scald the milk and cream.
- As soon as the caramel is a golden-amber color, slowly add the milk and cream, 2 T. at a time.
- Be very careful, as the mixture will bubble up.
- Whisk the caramel cream into the eggs.
- Strain and refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze according to ice cream machine instructions.
2. Caramel Almond
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- toasted almonds
- In heavy pan, heat 1 cup sugar until it melts and becomes golden in color.
- CAREFULLY add boiling water to syrup (partially cover pan while doing this so the caramel doesn't splash on you.) - Stir until dissolved.
- Bring to boil and cook until thick(9-10 min.) Set aside.
- In another pan scald cream. Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour cream slowly over egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 3/4 cups of the caramel syrup(saving the rest.) Mix well.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to instructions.
Serve topped with remaining caramel syrup and toasted almonds.
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 1/2 cups light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the cherries in a bowl and cover with rum.
- Allow to soak for several hours or overnight.
- Heat the light cream and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and bubbles begin to form around edge of the pot.
- Whisk yolks until creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the warm cream to the egg yolks.
- Pour the warmed yolks back into the half-and-half and continue to cook, stirring, until the custard mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Do not boil the mixture or it will curdle.
- Stir in the vanilla, allow to cool completely, then chill.
- Pour into the ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Drain the cherries.
- When the mixture begins to thicken as it freezes, add the cherries and freeze until ice cream is the proper consistency.
4. Cherry Berry
- 2 Env unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Water
- 10 oz Frozen sliced strawberries
- 2 c Dark sweet cherries
- 4 c Light cream or half & half
- 2 c Whipping cream
- 2 ts Vanilla
- In a small saucepan combine unflavored gelatin and sugar.
- Add water and strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, chop cherries.
- In a 3 quart or larger ice cream freezer combine half and half, whipping cream, vanilla, strawberry mixture and cherries.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's direction or place in freezer containers and freeze at least 4 hours.