Many people do not own an ice cream maker, but would like to know how to make home made ice cream. This simple recipe will show you how. Be warned it takes several hours to make, but the end result is well worth it.
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1 cup double cream
What ever you wish to put in the mixture.
Examples: 1 Cup melted chocolate (for chocolate ice cream)
1 Cup Strawberries/raspberries etc
If you want to make a vanilla ice cream just had a few drops of vanilla essence or some vanilla pods etc.
Basically you can put any flavour you wish into the mixture, try experimenting. I make a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream using this recipe.
1. Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until the water is boiling and all of the sugar is dissolved.
2. When the sugar has dissolved add the cream and the rest of the ingredients. Stir constantly throughout to prevent the mixture from burning.
3. Bring to the boil again.
4. When mixture is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture has reduced a little.
5. Once reduced take the mixture off the heat and pour into a container and let the mixture cool stirring repeatedly until mixture has thickened up.
6. Place container into your freezer (if you have an ice cream maker, put the mixture into the maker now).
7. Every half an hour take the mixture out of the freezer and stir it thoroughly.
8. Repeat step 7. until the mixture has frozen to chosen consistency.
9. Eat you ice cream.